I wonder if someday I'll look back at this crazy gap in posts and think, "Wow, we must have been having so much fun and been so busy, that there was no time to blog." Sure. We'll go with that reason and move forward.
I have really thought about if I wanted to keep this going (after 7 months of no posts) and I realized that I absolutely do. I'm not tracking Holden's adorableness in any other way, and time is just flying by.
This summer has been quite the surprise, first with the news of this little bundle of joy coming our way in January:
And, then with the quick realization that our already too small townhouse is definitely not up to the task of having another Wheeler added to it, we very quickly found this:
We LOVE our new house, we moved in a couple weeks ago and boy was the whole process a quick whirlwind. Once we found out I was pregnant we started looking, Anthony looked on 2 different days and I saw a total of only 3 houses - we both knew immediately upon walking into this house that it was "the one". Funny how quickly we both agreed we didn't need to see any more houses and we made an offer, which after much haggling we finally agreed to a number and bought the house. We were extremely lucky as well that after deciding to rent the townhouse we quickly found great renters, phew. They moved in this week and have been so great to work with, very appreciative and kind...and they want to rent forever. We'll see, but so far so good.
So, our summer has been one of the busiest - running after a 2 year old, me feeling awful through my first trimester, finding and buying a house, moving, and preparing the townhouse for rent. I'm tired just typing that and I've been living through it for months. But, now we are in and unpacking and getting settled. Holden loves the new house and quickly acclimated to living in it, he is so happy to have lots of space to run around and play...and a backyard!
We are definitely blessed - a new baby and a new house sure makes us feel quite lucky, especially with Holden continuing to grow into this great little boy that is loving, funny, and just oh so much fun.


No comments:
Post a Comment