Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Be better.

Plain and simple, I want to be better.  Obviously I need some work on being a better blogger.  I was gung-ho at first and then it became something weighing over my head to do...but I quickly missed sharing our stories about Holden and now fear there are things we will forget.  Be better at keeping a clean house...or win the lottery so I can hire someone to clean it for me.  Be better at keeping my word (Sorry Mom, I promise that I still have your birthday present...from March).  Be better at calling or stopping by when friends or family could use it most.  Be better at organizing...I love to be organized and do the organizing, yet our house is in disarray.  Be better at creating a house that we are proud of...I'm sure most of you shut down at the hint of a complaint of our current living situation since it's been complained about over and over.  Be a better wife - Anthony & I rarely make time for a date night.  Be a better knitter...I love to knit and rarely make time for it.  I haven't challenged myself with new projects for quite some time but with two best friends expecting babies this year, time to get knitting!  Be a better cook...or maybe any type of cook at all...we could use some fun recipes in our weekly menu and I really want to cook healthier options for Holden.  Be better with our money...moving into a new house is going to require some serious cash and unless we start budgeting & saving more...we'll be stuck in this townhouse forever (oops, there I go again).  Be better with my health...being 30 pounds overweight does me no good and it's time to lose the "baby weight" and feel better...I know working out will feel great but I sure can't drag my lazy butt out of bed to get there...but I'm going to try. 

Overall, I think know I can "be better" in most areas of my life and I'm going to make a real effort...New Year's Resolution or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment