Thursday, September 15, 2011

2 1/2 year old Holden

*Note to future self, the long delay in postings just may have something to do with some excessive baby girl clothes shopping that has been going on.  Her clothes in her closet are expanding like crazy...as am I!  Anthony took the picture to the right of me at 22 weeks.  




Holden is almost 2 1/2 years old, it is so hard to believe that time has gone so fast that he's become such a big boy.  Here are some things that he does that I would never want to forget:


- The way he started calling his blanket his "keykey" all on his own, and boy does he love his keykeys.  Luckily for us, anything can be a blanket for him - he isn't attached to just one.  We stayed in a hotel a few weeks ago and realized we had forgotten one, so we used a towel and he was just as happy. 

- The way he jumps.  He puts so much effort into each jump and is so proud of himself. 

- His little voice as he talks...and talks and talks.  This kid has such a huge vocabulary it blows our minds on a daily basis. 

- He is so loving.  He gives hugs and kisses to everyone, especially all of his teachers and friends at his daycare.  He loves to snuggle and will give plenty of kisses, once prompted. 

- Holden LOVES Mickey Mouse.  It's funny how what he calls Mickey has changed as he's grown - it started with "Mou", then "Mickey", and now it's the full "Mickey Mouse".  Boy does he love Mickey.  And Handy Manny.  And Clifford (the big red dog), although Holden adorably calls him "Cifford" - cracks me up everytime.  And Caillou.  Really he just loves TV.  I tend to call it the devil since Holden is a bit obsessed, I guess we should work on that a bit.

- Holden also loves Santa.  It is so funny how much he loves Santa Claus, every day of the year.  He prefers to watch "Mickey Chistmas" (as Holden says) over any other show.  I'm sure this Christmas season will be a lot of fun when there will actually be a lot of Santa's around.

- The way he says "I be big brother" - it's lost it's luster a bit for him but if you ask him what he's going to be, he says loudly "I be big brother!".  Let's see how excited he is once this little baby actually appears...

- He would play in puddles all day every day if we let him - he loves jumping in them, running through them, anything to do with them. 

-  When Holden is really thirsty or drinking something special (juice or a sip of my chocolate milk) , he will say, in a very overdramatic way, "Ahh, SOOOO GOOD."  I laugh every time he does this, it never gets old.

- His love for his grandparents, all of them.  Holden truly adores all of his grandparents, which has always made us so happy.  He asks for his Meme and Nana almost every day, asks to go to their house, points out random houses hoping it's theirs.  He runs and gets so excited when he sees any of them, and breaks out into a huge smile just at the mention of their names. 

- His laugh.  Oh his laugh is so funny, and it changes some days.  I must post some videos of him laughing, it's just so funny.

All in all, every day is interesting with a 2 1/2 year old - some better than others but truly all are a joy.  Anthony and I still laugh every single day at him and couldn't imagine life without him.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment