In true Colleen fashion my Labor Day post didn't make it up yet, but I'll work on that...it was such a gorgeous weekend in Crested Butte that I must share our photos and I definitely want to make that happen before we head out for our 3 day weekend in Steamboat Springs in a couple weeks.
Just a quick Holden post today though...this weekend was such a realization that our little baby is becoming a little boy. He has such a great understanding of what we say and do now that it just boggles our mind everytime he does something new.
On Saturday night, after a busy couple of hours of playing in his "house" (which is a current favorite activity!), I said to Holden that it was time to go "sleepy" upstairs. He looked at me for a long minute, grabbed my hand, and started for the stairs - I just couldn't believe it...Do I actually have a child that is willing to go to bed?!?! I had been up in his room a few minutes earlier and turned on his nightime lullaby cd and his turtle that projects stars on the ceiling...he saw his room dark with green stars all over and said as we rounded the corner (in his baby words) "whoa, staaaars". It was just precious, he was excited to see it (although he's seen them a hundred times) and then let us change his diaper, give him his bottle, and put him into his crib. He went to sleep all night. Unreal!
Last night we had our first Sunday Night Movie Night...We watched Toy Story 2 all cuddled up on the couch under a blanket! Holden seemed to enjoy it, he even said "wooooow" at one point but otherwise was in a zombie-like trance the entire 2 hours.
Pictures from our Labor Day weekend to come soon...I just need to get into the habit of this blogging thing, but I think I'm going to get there!
No comments:
Post a Comment